Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ants & Stomach Flu

It's kind of like a simplicity short cut - a minor crisis to jumpstart behavior modification. When we were attacked by ants, I realized how imposing certain pieces of furniture and my organization of things were. As we tried to clear the critters out, stuff was moved and much of it given away. I simplified the design of things to more easily accommodate any further insect invasions which ultimately led to a cleaner, easier to maintain space. It took the problem of ants to prompt a new shift in my ideas of space and organization.

In a similar vein, a recent stomach flu forced me to simplify my dietary habits. I've opted to maintain many of the new habits and in addition to the 5 pounds I lost while ill, I've lost an additional 3 pounds. Thanks to the stomach flu, I've simplified my sense of appetite and I am more in tune to my body and its dietary needs.

It's all about the silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment