Thursday, July 1, 2010

500 Items

I just started a new 500 item purge and this time I am taking inventory of everything. I am down 55 items so far and have consolidated storage locations for several things already. I have enlisted Adele's support by asking her to choose her favorite things over all to keep. When I ask her to choose what to donate, she suddenly chooses to keep everything but when she's asked to choose her favorites, the outcome is revealing. This technique has made a difference for both of us - choosing what we love to keep and donating what's left over.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog. I'm doing the challenge with Kaboom too, and have also been working on purging my house of all the excess stuff that clutters our life. I read in an article to think of each thing you own as an item that takes a portion of your time. I really like that, and it's helped me to free up some time for more important by getting rid of stuff. I like your 500 item challenge. I bet going through that file cabinet will bring your numbers up real fast!
    ~Marily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marily - Thanks for the comment - I love your blog! That's a great tip about things and time - I appreciate you sharing it!

    ReplyDelete